How to Create a Great Place to Study
- Establish a definite place of study with good ventilation and lighting without the distractions of TV.
- Make certain the study area requires that you be seated upright with sufficient writing area and is equipped with paper, pencils and a dictionary.
- Invest in an inexpensive answering machine so that study time is not interrupted by phone calls.
- Avoid creating a study area next to a window which can cause distraction.
- Remove distractions in the area, including music, which will prevent complete focus on the material being studied.
- Take short breaks while studying--10 minutes for every 50 or 60 minutes of study.
- Create a study "plan" to turn your studying into a routine by setting specific study times for each class.
- Identify a realistic reward for successfully reaching the study goal set to help keep yourself motivated to continue following the "plan."